Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Airport Dreams



I had a dream last night that I was waiting for my husband to get back from a trip. For some reason, he was in Kansas City. I had received a text when he got through security and now was waiting for one from him saying that he had boarded the plane. I never got that text. There was a hurricane coming. I was fretting. Someone suggested that his plane had been grounded because of the storm. Then, I saw the plane from Kansas City get in. I watched as everyone got off, but he wasn't on the plane anywhere. I was frantic.

Generally, water represents the emotions so storms represent turbulent emotions. The more turbulent the storm, the more turbulent the emotions. The hurricane would therefore be particularly destructive emotions. Airplanes represent a dramatic life change. In the dream, the plane is trying to stay ahead of the storm. However, my husband wasn't on it, so the dramatic life changes seem to be forestalled in some way (I think). I'm at the airport, but he's apparently still at a different airport since he texted me. Airports generally represent life transitions, so we're both sort of stuck in two separate waiting periods. (Waiting for what, I'm not sure.)Generally, there's a desire for new experiences and new opportunities but stopped in one's tracks by self-doubt.

edit:Huh. My husband just informed me that our neighbor was stuck in Kansas City all weekend and just got back. Okay, that's freaky.

No comments:

Post a Comment