Saturday, June 25, 2011

Elevators

Last night I dreamed that I was at some event...it was in a huge warehouse, but it was also not very crowded. I was talking to someone of considerable influence in my current life. We were sitting in swivel chairs with no table nearby, just a tv. An ad came on for an upcoming soap opera with various characters based on the MBTI. The character in the ad was ENFP, characterized as freedom loving, change loving and tending to rebel against restrictions. I said, "she's my doppelgänger," meaning she was my typological make-up function-wise, only extraverted rather than introverted.

I then told the person I wanted to make some extra money by training as an MBTI practitioner. He asked me if I was a therapist, I said no, then he said something to indicate he thought I'd be wholly unsuited for such a job. I knew he had misjudged me and now was the time to clear that up, so I told him about the traumatized student I tried to help, and explained my biggest problem was that I couldn't adequately compartmentalize. I then mused "what if?" about teaching, hoping he would encourage me to not give up, but instead, he tried to dissuade me and I knew exactly where I stood on that matter with him. He still thought very little of me in that department.

We then went on the elevator (headed up out of the basement of my unconscious, a return to the conscious personality?) but I was so drunk, that I nearly got off on the wrong floor. He told me to wait. Some man, vaguely evil (perhaps he wore a black turtleneck?) tried to warn me about the man I was with as I got off. I then walked over to another elevator.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment